What is an ecological clerk of works?
It is often necessary to appoint an Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) during construction phases of a project or to oversee sensitive area clearances.
The ECoW ensures compliance with method statements and is your ecological ‘eyes and ears’ on site, there to give you advice and support on all ecological matters.
When do I need to get in touch?
If you require site checks, ecological watching briefs, checking surveys, nest checks or any other type of ecological input on your site, no matter the scale of work simply get in touch with us.
What we do:
We can advise you and construction personnel on protected species and outlining ecological method statements to ensure compliance. Our ecologists are CSCS qualified and can provide on site advice and undertake practical mitigation work.
- Ecological site inductions to construction personnel
- Advise to construction personnel on protected species and outlining method statements
- Direct searches for protected species and nesting birds in areas prior to works
- Overseeing works to watch for protected species and ensure method statements are carried out effectively
- Site monitoring including fixed point photography
- Advise on sediment build up in watercourses
- Detailed reports on all activities to provide thorough site logs
- 24hour on call advice and guidance service