What is are ecosystem services?
Ecosystem services are a method of helping to understand how people use and manage natural resources. Ecosystem services include food, water, air and energy and they are categorised under four different sectors;
- Supporting services: Services which support the function of others such as soil type, nutrient cycling and water cycling.
- Regulating services: Services which regulate processes such as air quality, water quality, pollination, carbon storage and climate.
- Provisioning services: Services which provide for users such as food, fibre, fuel and water.
- Cultural services: Non-material services such as spiritual richness, recreation and aesthetic.
When do I need to get in touch?
An ecosystem approach to managing a site is a useful tool to achieve the most sustainable use of services and if this is something that would interest you, you can simply get in touch with us and we can talk through options, determine your requirements and provide you with a competitive quote.
How can EcoNorth help me?
We can advise you on best method of management for your site. Our services include:
- Creating management options for the long term
- Creating management options for the benefits of both the client and the environment
- Clearly identifying where trade-off should be incorporated
- Identifying environmental limits to development