What is an Ecological Clerk of Works?
It is often necessary to appoint an Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) during construction phases of a project or to oversee sensitive area clearances. The requirement for an ECoW presence during works may also be a requirement of a European Protected Species Mitigation Licence (EPSML).
The ECoW ensures compliance with method statements and management plans, and is your ecological ‘eyes and ears’ on site, there to give you advice and support on all ecological matters.
When do I need to get in touch?
If you require site inspections and monitoring, ecological watching briefs, checking surveys, nest checks or any other type of ecological input on your site, no matter the scale of work simply get in touch with us.
What we do:
We can advise you and your construction personnel on protected species and outlining ecological method statements to ensure compliance. Our Ecologists are CSCS qualified and highly experienced and can provide on-site advice and undertake practical mitigation work.
- Ecological site inductions/ tool box talks to construction personnel
- Advice to construction personnel on protected species and outlining method statements
- Direct searches for protected species and nesting birds in areas prior to work commencement
- Overseeing works to watch for protected species and ensure method statements are carried out effectively
- Site monitoring including fixed point photography
- Advice on watercourse protection from chemical pollutants and sediment run-off
- Detailed reports on all activities to provide thorough site logs
- 24 hour on call advice and guidance service