We are delighted to announce that EcoNorth has successfully gained OHSAS 18001:2007 certification, with UKAS accredited Ocean Certification.
OHSAS 18001 is the internationally recognised standard for Occupational Health and Safety Management. It provides reassurance to our employees, clients and stakeholders that we are a safe and caring company and demonstrates our compliance with all current H&S legislation and commitment to continually improving our systems and practices.
To achieve this standard, EcoNorth demonstrated a high performance level in the following key areas:
- Provision of a robust health and safety management system, with clear structure and agreed responsibilities.
- Identification of hazards, development of risk assessments and implementation of control measures.
- Identification and provision of training with proof of competence.
- Preparedness for and response to emergency events.
- Measurement and monitoring of performance to facilitate ongoing improvement.
For further information, please contact John Thompson, EcoNorth’s Health and Safety Manager.